📌Update From 15 June it became mandatory for passengers to wear face coverings while travelling on public transport. Before you begin your journey with us, we want to let you know more about it.
- Please remember to bring a face covering for your journey as without one you will be unable to travel.
- A face covering can be very simple, like a scarf or bandana that ties behind the head to give a snug fit. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose.
- If you are unable to wear a face covering please inform the driver and if you have one show your journey assistance card.
- Details on who is exempt from wearing a face covering are available:- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#exemptions-face-coverings
- Advice on how to make your own can be found:- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering
- Face Coverings are available to purchase at our Forecourt Shop (West End Filling Station), Station Road, Alford and Travel Shop, West Street, Alford.
- Please put your face covering on before boarding the bus and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before putting it on.
- This requirement does not apply to school transport services.
- Please wear your face covering throughout the duration of your journey, including when disembarking the vehicle.
- Be aware that not everyone can wear a face covering and some exemptions apply.
- If you need a drink while travelling please do so quickly and be mindful of others.
- To keep everyone safe please store a used face covering in a plastic bag and take it home.